Buying a Home in the St. John's NL Area
Congratulations! You have decided to buy a home in the St. John’s area. That is an excellent decision. When you own your home, your hard-earned dollars contribute to your own mortgage. The equity is yours and, over time, your home will increase in value, making it a good investment.
Buying your home is a major decision and investment and it can be daunting. A good Realtor® can make the process easy for you. But choose your Realtor® carefully. You will want to feel you're in good hands.
Buy your next home in complete confidence with the Hann Group. Complete and submit the form below to begin the search for your new home.
- Experience How long has he/she been an agent? Is the agent a full-time agent or do they just do it on the side? You will want to hire a very experienced agent. There are aspects of buying and selling property that you may not yet know about; most folks don't buy a home every day! Someone experienced will be able to explain the nitty-gritty to you. Experience, and tested techniques, may also land you a better deal.
- Technology You are searching online. So is nearly everyone else. The internet is a very important tool in today's real estate market. How plugged in is the agent? Is their website up to date? How well are they using social media?
- Preferred Communication Methods Can the agent follow your wishes in how you are to be contacted? If you prefer email, would they still be calling you? If you prefer calls, will they be texting? Their ability to communicate with you on your terms will hint at their ability to listen and follow your wishes in the type of home you want.
- Your Match Aim for a feeling of trust and a personality match between you and your agent. Buying and selling property is stressful. Trusting your Realtor® and getting along very well with that agent will make it more enjoyable and turn a stressful situation into a positive experience for you! Call the agent, ask them tough questions, test their knowledge. Does it feel right? You should feel comfortable, and feel you are being listened to. You shouldn't feel pressured into anything. You agent should honour your desires. So, meet a few agents before you sign up with one.
- Win-win Negotiating Yes, it is very important that your agent is able to negotiate the best possible outcome for you, but it is also important that the agent not "burn any bridges", especially before the deal is completely finalized! No one wants to lose a sweet deal at the last minute.
- Commitment You need to know your agent is as committed as you are to seeing the real estate transaction through. If it takes a month or a year, your Realtor should stay with you for the duration.
Don't forget to check us out. Contact The Hann Group. Ask us the tough questions, we're confident you will like what you hear.
Home Buyers Guide - Canadian Mortgage and Housing